Where are Jeeps Made?

2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe driving through mud

Before we get into who makes Jeep, let’s first answer the question, “Who owns Jeep?” Jeep is owned by Stellantis, which has its headquarters in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Jeep is still known as an American brand, because of its roots in the military in the 1940s. Also, most of the brand’s cars are assembled, or at least partially, in the United States. Read on to learn more about the Jeep origin country for your favorite model! 

Is Jeep Made in America? 

Yes. Jeep vehicles are mostly made in the United States. About 70% of a Jeep SUV or truck is made with parts that were manufactured in America. The other 30% of parts come from plants based in other countries. Here’s a list of the Jeep manufacturing facilities throughout the U.S. and in other countries: 

U.S. Facilities 

  • Toledo Assembly Complex in Toledo, OH — manufacturers the Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Wrangler 4xe, and Gladiator. 
  • Mack Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit, MI — assembles the 2022 Grand Cherokee L. 
  • Warren Truck Assembly Plant in Warren, MI — manufacturers the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. 
  • Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit, MI — manufacturers Jeep Grand Cherokees. 
  • Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, IL — has been producing the Jeep Cherokee from 2017 to the present. 

International Facilities: 

  • Brampton Assembly in Ontario, Canada — a former assembly plant for the first-generation Jeep Wranglers 
  • Melfi Assembly Plant in Southern Italy — assembles all North American and European models of the Jeep Compass. 
  • Toluca Car Assembly in Mexico — assembles the Jeep Compass for North and Latin American markets. 
  • Goiana Assembly Compex in Pernambuco, Brazil — designated assembler of the Renegade and Compass for Latin and South American markets 
  • Ranjangaon Joint Venture Plant in Pune, India — along with plants in China, Brazil, and Mexico, this pant is an exporter of the Jeep Compass product line. 
  • Cordoba Assembly Plant in Santa Isabel, Argentina — produces Cherokees and Grand Cherokees for local markets. 
  • GAC FCA Assembly Pants in China — sites in Hunan province and the Panyu District of Guangzhou are export hubs for the Jeep Cherokee, Compass, and Renegade. 

Test Drive a New Jeep for Sale at Parkway Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM! 

The Jeep origin country will always be the U.S., but the brand has branched out considerably since it was established in 1941. Facilities in the U.S. and other countries build these rugged vehicles to deliver the performance Coshocton drivers expect from the brand. Contact us online or call us at 330-556-4207 to schedule a test drive with one of our new Jeep vehicles — from the Grand Cherokee to the Gladiator. Explore our new vehicle specials to find a new Jeep vehicle for sale at a great price. 

 

More from Parkway Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM

  • 2024 RAM 1500

    The Ram Revolution: Experience Power, Luxury, and Innovation at Parkway Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Parkway Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is proud to be your home for all things Ram trucks, and the legendary Ram 1500 continues to be a force to be reckoned with. Here’s why the 2024 Ram 1500 deserves a spot in your…

  • 2023 RAM 1500 Fuel Economy

    The 2023 RAM 1500 is known for its power and capability as a truck, but you might be pleased to learn that’s it’s also fuel efficient. Whether you’re heading to the job site in Dover, or running errands around New Philadelphia, the RAM 1500 mpg ratings will make every drive more economical. Keep reading to learn…

  • RAM 1500 Towing Capacity by Year

    Although it’s considered a light-duty pickup truck, the RAM 1500 delivers impressive towing specs year after year. It’s an awarding-winning pickup that can handle a wide variety of towing jobs around New Philadelphia with ease. Whether you’re shopping for a new RAM 1500 or a pre-owned model, Parkway Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM is bound to have a model that suits…

Parkway Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM 40.514990, -81.486430.